This question has been initially asked by @tbeguin on our group, and thought to add it as an article for anyone else having same concerns.
First of all, you should know that the instructions are the same for all pages on our Paypal app for CF (check your URL + Product) and voila, as long as you do that the same way, you'll be just good to go live, but here are the three top hacks I use to test my Clickfunnels Paypal Plugin setup:
1. To test without paying I usually do this
- Go to the order form, and click on "complete order" or whatever button u have.
- Once you get taken to paypal checkout DO NOT pay.
- Go to your OTO page u want to test (on the same browser), and load it in your browser, and Click the Yes link or button or whatever button u have.
- If taken to the correct paypal OTO checkout, then it's working all fine
2. Low Testing Price (another solution):
Change the price on the APP alone (to a very low price 0.01$, 0.05$) PP accepts prices as low as 0.01$
Pay with another account and go through your entire funnel normally if it works all fine.. then just increase the price to the normal one.
That is my favorite hack.
3. Official Solution (by Paypal):
Paypal recommends creating sandbox accounts for testing, but unfortunately the process of creating one is so long and not available everywhere, making it much easier to get an actual account compared to a sandbox one. So:
Go to sandbox.paypal.com.
Create two sandbox paypal accounts (one for business (recipient) and one for paying).
Use those two accounts to test like if are real accounts they won't charge you anything (just change the Paypal Business ID/Email for your entire funnel)
Unfortunately that is the only TEST mode available for paypal, and it's not supported in many countries including mine, so I stick to the two hacks above.
Make sure to restore back the actual Paypal account for once done using the sandbox one.
Hope that helps