How To Create PayPal Gateway For PayPal App v2?

Creating a PayPal gateway can be a daunting process, so in this short tutorial I’ll take you through the steps on how you can create one.

When using PayPal App v2, one must create a gateway first before attempting to make a purchase through it, as opposed to the classic PayPal plugin, which was used to require an email and a currency.

So let’s get to it.

In PayPal & Funnelish there are mainly two types of gateways that one can create Sandbox ones (used for testing purposes), and Live gateways which are used to make real transactions.

Sandbox PayPal Gateway

In order to make a sandbox gateway for PayPal, one must create two sandbox accounts (within PayPal) one being the fake business account (the seller/merchant), and a fake personal account (the buyer/customer).

To create a personal sandbox account:

1. Log in to the developer site sandbox accounts page.
  2. Click Create Account.
  3. Set the Account Type to Personal.
  4. Enter an email address. This address can be a fake email address.
  5. Enter the account password.
  6. Under Payment Methods, enter the test buyer’s PayPal account balance.
  7. To test credit card transactions, enter a test credit card number.
  8. Click Create Account.

To create an additional business sandbox account:

1. Log in to the developer site sandbox accounts page.
  2. Click Create Account.
  3. Set the Account Type to Business.
  4. Enter an email address. This can be a fake email address.
  5. Enter an account password.
  6. Under Payment Methods, enter the test merchant’s PayPal account balance.
  7. Click Create Account.

That’s it, now you have two sandbox accounts for making unlimited test purchases without having to alter your funnels or products.

To use those sandbox accounts:

1. Under your Funnelish Funnel > Settings > Apps.
  2. Click/Open PayPal App v2.
  3. Open Your PayPal Gateway dropdown
  4. Select your existing PayPal gateway in case you’ve got one already or click “Create New PayPal Gateway” to create a new one.
  5. Now if you are creating a new gateway you’ll need to input the following properties:
    • GATEWAY NAME: This can be anything you want, as long as it helps you remember which gateway it is, use a unique name.
    • BRAND NAME: This will be shown to your customers in the PayPal login/checkout pages… It’s a great idea to have a separate name for each business (if not even for each funnel).
    • HEADER IMAGE URL & LOGO IMAGE URL: These two are optional, can be used to show a special logo in the PayPal Pages instead of a text brand name.
    • TEST MODE: image For sandbox accounts this must be switched on.
    • USERNAME, PASSWORD & SIGNATURE: These are your PayPal Business account gateway credentials, you can get them by following these steps:
      1. Login to your sandbox accounts portal.
      2. You’ll be able to see something like this:
        Two accounts, one being the business account, and a personal one.
      3. Click profile under the business account.
      4. That should bring a popup that looks something like this:
      5. Copy those values into their appropriate boxes.
      6. Hit Create Gateway, and now you’ve got a PayPal sandbox gateway created which can be reused throughout your entire account.

Keep in mind your credentials above should NOT be shared publicly.

6. Now select your gateway (either newly created or an existing one).
  7. Save Changes.

Now in order to make purchases through your funnel, you’ll need to use the personal sandbox account associated with the business one you’ve selected/created above… and that’s really it for that.

Live PayPal Gateway

In order to create a live PayPal gateway you’ll need same credentials as above but from the actual recipient account, in order to do that follow these steps:

1. Login to your PayPal account.
  2. Go under Your payment API credentials.
  3. You’ll see something like below:
  4. After clicking “Show” on each field use those values to create a new PayPal Gateway in Funnelish.
  5. Save your changes and start rolling.

References

4 Likes

I was unable to get the webhook working for Paypal App v2. The orders are not showing up in my clickfunnel account. Is this a known issue? I know that the stats is a bug on clickfunnel part but the sales are not showing. The Paypal App v1 is working normally though. Thank you!

Yes! That’s a known “FACT” more than an issue hhh :smiley: @Strife

As the problem our team faced was that Clickfunnels doesn’t support cart mode for PayPal (aka Multi checkout, or Multi Quantities) even the order bump itself was a nightmare to get it to work with Clickfunnels.

Thus even if managed to get your orders tracked by Clickfunnels I don’t think there will be a way to “force” Clickfunnels to record multiple sales for each sale (it’s just nonsense)…

Though, we are committed to improve the way orders are tracked from within Funnelish itself, and improving the automations a lot, thus not having to do any tracking plumbing for your funnel, tbh it’s too much to do the tracking back and forth between Clickfunnels and Funnelish, so our goal is to not have to do that like AT ALL in the foreseen future.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Fancify App Order Summary Total Shown Wrong

Thats great! Would it be possible to have some sort of way to export the orders? Going through the orders 1 by 1 in funnelish is abit too tedious at the moment. Thank you!

1 Like

Just amazing @Strife, We will absolutely do that :wink:

Just wait for it :wink:

Thanks for the headsup.

1 Like

No problem! Thank you for this amazing app!

1 Like

Would the export be ready anytime soon? I think this feature is really crucial as orders through Paypal App v2 is giving alot of hassle for us to go through them 1 by 1

Thank you!

Hey @Strife, there is an update coming this weekend with an export feature to CSV.

You can read more about that here:

We’ll update that thread as we have more updates :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

Setting up PayPal has been a pain in my behind the last few days. I’m so glad I found this Q&A.

I have setup my sandboxes and setup a test gateway. I am now stuck on step two when creating a Live PayPal Gateway. I have no idea where to look in my PayPal account to get my “payment API credentials”.

1 Like

Hello @Charles_Salter_III,

I am wondering what is the reason behind using Funnelish PayPal App v2, as it’s harder to setup compared to v1 (aka Paypal Plugin) and it has specific use cases where it overcomes the v2 have a look into this article to see if it’s the best fit for your use case: Difference between Paypal App V1 & V2? - #2 by samlee

As for getting your Live PayPal gateway credentials, you don’t need to create a PayPal gateway instead they are associated with your PayPal account directly, You can access your payment API credentials directly from this link: Log in to your PayPal account

PS. If the link doesn’t work, you can login to your PayPal account first.

Hi Samantha,

My only goal is to implement PayPal into my funnel. In one of my funnels I have it implemented but PayPal fails on the final OTO page. For some reason it gets stuck and is unable to add the final item to the cart. Plus, when adding PayPal V2 to my first funnel I noticed that there are TWO PayPal inputs on the same page. I decided to stop troubleshooting that first funnel and build another funnel from scratch to learn what I did wrong so I could fix my first funnel. Now I find that in the 2-step order form PayPal is not showing up AT ALL. Plus, I would also like to have the ability to test my funnel the way I can with Stripe to make sure it is functioning properly.

From what I’ve gathered from your previous replies to others is that PayPal V2 allows for a more seamless payment process similar to Stripe when progressing through OTO pages. I am open to suggestions as to what you feel would be my best course of action for my funnel.

Thank you,

Charles

Hey I managed to get the TEST Gateway to work all the way through a few times but when I switch in Funnelish to the Live gateway it fails. Its fails to go to Paypal when hitting the “Submit” button and instead says Submit and Retry, I checked the fields.

If the products and connection work in Test mode than it must be my live gateway. I deleted it and created a new API and everything, but it still isn’t working? Any idea what to try or who to contact to see if the funnel is broken or what is happening?

am having the same problem… submit and retry on paypalv2
actually mine is on the sandbox testing

Hey i was wondering if this works with Clickfunnels cart mode feature