PayPal V2 - OTO

Hi,

I m just curious, How does it work with PayPal V2 - OTO. Let’s a customer fill out the order form and got forward to OTO-Page. Here they have only 1-Click-Upsell-Button.

How does PayPal V2 works here?

And again, why dont you have an instruction for us. And please stop tell me that, you are focusing on do software better. WE NEED AN INSTRUCTION!!!

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey @Huu,

Can you please reword your question, I don’t understand, The V2 works same way as V1 when it comes to Upsells. and your customers won’t have to relogin to pay, but they have to approve the payment in a secure PayPal page.

Hi Samlee,

What I mean, it’s when the customers pay via paypal before. And now they are on OTO. Here i have only one button (1-click-upsell with stripe). what is happend when the customers, who pay via PayPal before, when they click on this button. And I also when to know, what happend when the customers pay credit card (stripe) before?

Thx

Hey Samantha,

I’d like to know what’s so special with PP V2 if the upsell works exactly the same as V1? What’s the difference between V1 and V2?

Thanks!

1 Like

Not much really when it comes to OTOs since both handle them the same way, though there is a newer version of PayPal that should replace v2 that will support Reference Transactions which allows you to have smooth upsells like Stripe does.

Here is a full break down of differences between the two: Difference between Paypal App V1 & V2? - #2 by samlee

PS. Generally, at Funnelish we do highly recommend using v1 it’s much easier to use and doesn’t require creating gateways or any sort of stuff, and it also supports syncing your orders to CF (which v2 doesn’t support).

Hope that helps, let us know your thoughts :wink:

Thanks for the explanation Yassine! It seems that I have no reason to switch to V2, so I’ll stick with V1 for now.

there is a newer version of PayPal that should replace v2 that will support Reference Transactions which allows you to have smooth upsells like Stripe does.

This is interesting! Can I get more info about it?