What does a purchase attempt mean?

I have 1 purchase and 5 purchase attempts?

Can you please clarify what does a purchase attempt mean?
What’s a normal proportaion between purchases and purchase attempts?

1 Like

Hi @Admin_Dealzz,

So a Purchase Attempt, is when one of your customers tries to purchase using PayPal, meaning they’ve selected PayPal as the payment option and they proceeded to the PayPal checkout page, but for some reason they didn’t continue further… It can be caused by many reasons:

1. The customers have no buying intent, where just checking the price.
  2. The PayPal checkout page pushed them off, perhaps the prices mismatch or something…
  3. Perhaps, there is an issue on your PayPal configuration especially V2… But as long as you are receiving purchases that means it’s not the case.

As for the normal proportion between Purchases, and Purchase Attempts, we currently don’t have enough data to make any clear estimation, but just look at your overall conversion rates and you’ll certainly notice an increase from using Credit Card alone, to using PayPal as well…

1 Like

Thanks Samlee.

Another questions in the same subject- kinda…

I’ve had a few purchases but only one appears in FB ads manager.
This is direct correlation to the number of users who purchased in Paypal and came back to my funnel.

1/Is there a way to configure so the pixel will fire even if the customer leaves the funnel after making the primary purchase in Paypal?

2/Is there a way to automatically redirect customers to my funnels next step after they complete the purchase in Paypal, instead of hoping they will click “Return to merchant”

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Good question, the solution to that is actually by forcing your customers to return back so that the pixel can be fired properly and at the same time so they can see your other offers OTOs…etc

Just follow this tutorial: One click upsell hack for PayPal Plugin in Clickfunnels

It should force your customers to come back to your funnel without having to click “Return to Merchant” thus making sure the pixel is fired too :slight_smile:

Let me know how it goes,

Best,

Thanks.

Im re-asking just for confirmation:
1/Is there a way to configure so the pixel will fire even if the customer leaves the funnel after making the primary purchase in Paypal?

2/I’ve followed the ^1 Click Upsell Hack For Paypal Plugin Clickfunnels^ -
A.It says i must input a default URL- will all of my customers be redirected to that URL? or is it just a setup issue i need to input and my customers will be re-directed from now on automatically to the next step of the funnel?

:slight_smile:

If you force your customers to come back to the OTO page the pixel will certainly fire :slight_smile:

Yes! That default URL is just used by PayPal in case something goes wrong it doesn’t mean much and it’s never used… And in all cases, your customers will get redirected to the next step in your funnel.
Just input some URL of a page you have in one of your funnels…

Great.

Thank you very much.

1 Like